Information on Civil Services, Custom Services,
Railway Services, Politics and Public Life. An efficient administrative
infrastructure is important for a Nation. Civil servants and politicians
deal with governing the country. Civil Services have a tough entrance
examination. In terms of aptitudes, good logical reasoning skills
are required, an excellent verbal expression, quick response, and
ability to argue are important assets for an aspiring civil servant.
Civil Services Domain Includes the Following Areas:
All India Services
The Central Services
State Civil Services
Now, Let us Check the above in Detail.
ALL INDIA SERVICES
This Includes the Following three Services:
-Indian Administrative Services
-Indian Police Services
-Indian Foreign Services
THE CENTRAL SERVICES
These services can be divided into two groups:
Group A includes:
1. Indian Post and Telegraphs Accounts and Finance Service
2. Indian Audit and Account Service
3. Indian Customs and Central Excise Service
4. Indian Revenue Service
5. Indian Ordinance Factories Service
6. Indian Postal Service.
7. Indian Civil Accounts Service
8. Indian Railway Traffic Service
9. Indian Railway Personnel Service
10. Indian Railway Accounts Service.
11. Posts of Assistants Securities Officers in Railway Protection
12. Indian Defence Estates Service
13. Indian Information Service
14. Central Trade Service
15. Posts of Assistant Commandant in the Industrial Security Force
Group B includes:
1. Central Secretariat Service
2. Railway Board Secretariat Service.
3. Armed Forces Headquarter Civil Service
4. Customs Appraisers Service
5. Delhi and Andaman and Nicobar Island Civil Service
6. Delhi and Andaman and Nicobar Islands Police Service
7. Central Bureau of Investigation
8. Pondicherry Civil and Police Services
STATE CIVIL SERVICES
The Civil Servants for the States are selected
by States Public Service Commissions for the various vacancies in
Civil Service at the State Level.